Who controls the processing of your personal data?
Decos Mobile Solutions B.V., of Huygensstraat 30, 2201 DK Noordwijk, the Netherlands, is the controller responsible for the processing of your personal data. Decos Mobile Solutions B.V. is part of Decos Technology Group (www.decos.com). The processing of your personal data has been notified to the Dutch data protection authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens). The notification states which data we process, for what purposes, and to whom the data are provided. The notification can be found on the website of the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens, under reference 1617661.
Need to contact us?
You can contact Decos Mobile Solutions B.V.:
- with the contact form on driveflo.com;
- by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- by phone at +31 88 3326701
Providing your personal data is not compulsory
Providing personal data is never compulsory. You can always decide whether or not to provide personal data. However, in order to be able to make use of a number of our services the provision of personal data is necessary. If we ask for the input of personal data, we will indicate which data are necessary to make use of the service and therefore must be provided, and which data can be provided optionally.
Which personal data do we process?
When we provide our products and services we may process your personal data. This could include the following personal data:
- your name, date of birth and sex
- your private- and/or workaddress(es), phone number(s) and emailaddress(es)
- the organization you work for
- make, model and year of your car
- data provided by you at registration, such as your username and password
- pictures (including your profilepicture) and videos, uploaded by you
- data which are necessary in order to establish connections requested by you with your social media accounts
- data of people with whom you want to share information while using Flo
- data about your interests and preferences as a user of our (mobile) website, app, products and services
- location data, network data, GPS data, trip data, data about your driving style, and points awarded and results gained in using Flo
- data regarding your visit to our (mobile) website and app, including URL, IP-address, browser type, language, date, time and duration of your visit
- data on the status and identity of your mobile device
For what purposes do we process your personal data?
Your personal data may be processed for the following purposes:
- to provide you with access to our (mobile) website and app, whether or not based on your registration as a user
- for the entering into and implementation of an agreement concluded with you
- to provide you with, and adapt to your preferences regarding, the agreed services, products and/or information
- to send you a newsletter, user information or a service message
- to enable you to view and share with others your data in the app or on the website
- to record your trips (including distance, driving behavior, travel time, route, and score), and analyze, and report back to you
- to analyze on an aggregated, anonymous level, trip data and share this with third parties
- to compare your performance based on your driving habits with other participants, and to assign points to you so you can see how you have performed
- for audio and visual coaching on your driving during your drive
- to enable setting a personal goal for safer, more durable and more economical driving
- to enable you to review your drives on a map and to analyze improvements
- to enable interaction with other users, and to invite others to make use of Flo, for example through social media
- to enable you to provide and exchange information on the website, in the app or on social media
- to send you offers on our and third party products, services and events, based on your driving
- to share data with insurers which is agreed upon on beforehand to enable them to retroactively give you discounts
- for market research and management information purposes
- to improve the quality, safety and usability of our (mobile) website and app and to combat fraud
- to comply with the rules and regulations imposed on us and for dealing with disputes
To the extent that the processing listed above requires your permission (for example, processing of data relating to location), we will request such permission in advance. You can always revoke such permission.
Your personal data may be shared with other companies within Decos Technology Group (www.decos.com).
Your personal data will not be used for purposes other than those listed above.
Sharing your data with car insurers
Flo cooperates with car insurance companies to enable you to qualify for discounts on usage based insurance on your driving habits. If you have signed up for this we provide the insurer with data where you on beforehand agreed upon to the insurer concerned. Other data will not be provided. For the subsequent processing of your data, please check the privacy statement of the insurance company with whom you have registered.
We may combine and analyze your data and those of other users, draw conclusions from them and incorporate them into predictive models. We may share these conclusions and models with third parties. We will do this only on the basis of aggregated and anonymous data that cannot be reduced to information about you as an individual user.
Data processing in the Netherlands and abroad
Your personal data will only be stored and processed in the Netherlands or in countries where this is allowed under Dutch law.
Third Party Websites
In as far as we engage the services of a third party for the purposes mentioned in this privacy- and cookiepolicy, and this third party in performing these services has access to your personal data, we have taken the necessary contractual and organizational measures to ensure that your data will only be processed for the purposes described here.
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer, your phone or your tablet. They cannot damage those devices.
Below we briefly explain what cookies we use and what their purpose is.
Functional cookies allow functions such as login on the website and in the app to work properly. Analytical cookies collect statistics of the users of the website and the app, to enable us to constantly improve your user experience. Social media cookies enable the functionalities of social media such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Google Maps, etc. Advertising cookies keep track of how many and which ads you have seen on our website or app so that we and others can present you with relevant advertising.
You can always decide whether or not to accept or decline cookies. On your first visit to our website you will have the opportunity to accept or decline cookies. This choice can always be amended. On www.google.nl/privacy_ads.html you can opt out of the placement of cookies by Google. On www.youronlinechoices.eu/nl you can opt out of cookies by advertising networks.
If you want to block cookies, adjust your browser settings. You can also delete cookies that are already installed. However, blocking cookies may result in the website or the app not working properly. How to adjust your settings varies by browser. Please consult the help function of your browser.
Security and retention
We have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against loss or any form of unlawful processing. We will not retain keep your data longer than allowed by law, required by law and/or necessary for the purposes for which the data are processed. The retention period therefore depends on the nature of the data and the purposes for which the data is processed. Retention periods may vary accordingly.
Inspection, correction and deletion
You have the right to know which personal data we keep regarding you, to inspect such data, and to request correction or deletion. You can send an email to this end with your name and contact information to email@example.com. In your request, please specify as much as possible which personal data you refer to. We will respond in principle within four weeks to a request for inspection or correction. In case of a deletion request we will delete the personal data as soon as possible, unless and to the extent that the law requires us to keep the personal data or if there are other compelling reasons to oppose removal. After the execution of a deletion request we will send you a message of confirmation. If the personal data is (partially) not deleted, we will send you a message in which we explain why your request could not (fully) be met. If we cannot identify which personal data are meant by a request for inspection, correction or deletion, we may ask you to specify your request in more detail. We suspend the execution of the request until you have provided us with such detailed specification. At the bottom of each e-mail you receive from us you will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe to such messages.
Amendment and version